Biyernes, Disyembre 31, 2010

Weirdest of The Weirds

I started the day, which ironically the last day of the year, with simple and sweet prayer.  A normal people would tend to pray in silence but on the other hand, an inventive person will tell his prayer in a ballsy-bloggie way.

So my short prayer goes like this;


Hey Dear Lord!


I actually don’t know how to start this stuff up. So forgive me if I’m violating the formal way of writing a prayer.

Remember me, your messy-mushy twenty-one year old son who’s still longing for a cool tie and a pair of running shoes? I’m still here.

Remember the night, when I asked you to give me dozen of French fries? Hell thanks, because you gave me a lemon. First, I thought you are just pulling my leg out of my own sanity, but perhaps I believe you just want me to create lemonade out of your heavenly-citrus gift.

Remember the hot afternoon, when you called me to go in a place where you think I can find luck and never-ending prospects? That time actually I wore red long sleeves with fancy tie just to found out that I’m stuck at the children’s party not on corporate agenda at all. So, all I could do is to pretend a clown minus the bubbly costume. You gave me no choice and you obviously gave me a chance to play and laugh with young souls. Funny, eh?

I’m always up for your series of twists and turns, rains and sun-shines, black and white. Because after all, I believe you’re the craziest of the crazies. Now, let me ask you this, what’s with these weirdest of the weird sets of surprises?

Don’t give me answers. Just stay with me no matter what. Yes? Pinky promise?

On a serious end, I’m oddly happy and blessed to have you along my 2010 trip. Thanks for a messy and cloggy year in general - days of doubts, fears and uncertainties.

Remember me, your messy-mushy twenty-one year old son who’s still longing for a cool tie and a pair of running shoes. I’m still here, waiting for myself to embrace the weirdest of the weird sets of surprises.  

Love lots!

Pilosopong Komikero

4 (na) komento:

  1. nalha naman ako dito.. ive been trying to come up with a year end conversation with God. but i must admit i was having a hard time. as much as i am thankful for a lot of things,i feel that my heart still carries a lot of questions. i still feel that some of the crazy and weird things that happened were unfair. nahihiya ako kay God kasi hindi ko magawang yakapin lang ng buo yung mga binigay niya.. but i know na alam naman niyang im trying hard..

    read your text kanina.. and the invite and challenge to face 2011 with smiles.. i found myself going back to sleep when i read it.. i dont know, i just feel so scared for me this year.. so scared of more pain ahead.. sometimes, i just hope ill be indifferent for a change..

    game? ill try.. but really, thanks for the reminder.. and thank you, for being there waiting for my next flight again..
    hugs. :)

    TumugonBurahin
  2. @MYAngligaw: 2011, like any other years that passed, is a mere invitation to game of chances. Be ready to take a leap - may it be for a change or for a reason out of something. Kaya naman eh, and makakaya mo naman eh.

    Let's do better and wiser this time.

    Game? Tara.

    TumugonBurahin
  3. Awwwww... touching naman to. Ayos ah, in fairness ang faith in tact pa rin. Happy new year po.

    TumugonBurahin
  4. taking chances is the only choice i guess..

    am i ready to dry my eyes
    and leave fears behind
    for one last cry?

    game?
    can i still hang on for a while?

    TumugonBurahin